Seattle Hydro Jetting
Seattle area Hydro jetting service from Sewer Friendly cleans your drains, downspouts and sewer lines in much the same way as pressure washing cleans a walkway. In essence, it sprays away buildup to keep your plumbing looking new and performing at 100 percent.
Buildup in a sewer line causes sluggish drainage, backups and overflows. For example, in the United States, tens of thousands of sewer overflows occur every year. Fat and oil buildup can wreak havoc on your drain line.
Watch an on-the-job account of a typical Seattle area hydro jetting job.
What Is Hydro Jetting?
Sometimes called high-pressure water jetting, Hydro Jetting is a technique professional plumbers use to clean slow-moving or clogged drain and sewer lines. This pressure most effectively removes heavy buildup from sewer pipes quickly and easily. In fact, it breaks up everything from minor food residue clogs to more troublesome materials like congealed baby wipes.
While highly effective, the best Seattle area Hydro Jetting services must still use the technology smartly. For example, older pipes may not be able to withstand hydro jetting without cracking or collapsing. And if sewer lines are already broken or collapsed, hydro jetting should not be used. That’s why we always recommend that a sewer scope be performed to inspect your line prior to any attempt to flush out the line.
Hydro Jetting In Seattle: What to Expect:
- Thoroughness: Snaking alone leaves some buildup on the pipe walls. While the snake may break up the clog’s center, it has more difficulty removing residue from the sides. In contrast, Hydro Jetting flushes the entire cross-section of the pipe, leaving little residue behind.
- Effectiveness: Highly effective and efficient, Hydro Jetting clears clogs quickly so homeowners experience little to no disruption of sewer service.
- Safety: With proper training, Hydro Jetting is a completely safe procedure that uses only good ol’ H2O.
- Eco-friendliness: Hydro jetting is good for the environment. The end result being that no harsh chemicals or enzymes are needed that could possibly spill or leech into the soil or groundwater.
How Is Hydro Jetting Used?
Hydro jetting a sewer line is useful in many sewer-clearing jobs that call for a thorough, high-powered approach, such as:
- Clearing out sludge and debris
- Pushing out oil and grease
- Scouring calcified scale
- Bursting through ice dams
- Blasting out silt and sand
- Breaking up tree roots